Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

essie Sleek Stick vs. Sally Hansen Salon Effects ~ Nail Polish Strips

I'm sure you've seen these at your local drugstore and have thought about using them, but weren't sure if they really work. Yesterday one of my girlfriends (Chelsey) came to drive me to my ultrasound appointment and the first thing I noticed when I got into her car were - her nails. They had a black base with a white & pink flower print. The next obvious thing I did was ask her how she did it and where I could get it done. Chelsey explained that they are stickers that you apply to your nail followed with a top coat of clear nail polish! A couple of hours later we ended up at the drugstore observing the selection they had to offer.

Initially, Sally Hansen Salon Effects was my first choice but the essie Sleek Stick caught my eye. Both brands had a fairly large selction to choose from. We decided that Chelsey would get the Sally Hansen brand and I would try the essie.

When we got back to my house Chelsey effortlessly started applying the product onto her fingers nails as I was struggling with mine. You would think that the more expensive product would be the better choice, unfortunately not in this case.
      



                               
                                
 The essie brand will cost you about $13.99 and comes with 18 appliques on a sheet of plastic, mini nail file, and a hard plastic tool to remove access after application. The overall appearance of the product seems to promise satisfying results but fails to deliver. Maybe they should have focus more on the the product itself instead of just the mere appearance. Not only were the appliques too thick, but the adhesive wasn't strong enough to hold on to my nail. So I decided to apply a top coat of clear nail polish - that was a big mistake. After applying a coat of clear nail polish on to the sticker it started to shrivel after a minute. I had to take them off and replace them with the extra strips. This product did not even last for more then three hours. My verdict - do not waste your money! 
On the other hand, the Sally Hansen Salon effects were easy to apply and the adhesive was quite strong. This product will cost you about $9.99 and comes  with 16 strips, mini nail file, and a wooden tool to remove access and push your cuticles back. Chelsey had no problem applying a top coat of clear nail polish on to the sticker, which will extend the life of the product. The verdict- we love this product and highly recommend it :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
24 hours later Sally Hansen Salon Effect is still going strong and hasn't peeled off.....
Stay Beautiful XO
                                        

1 comment:

  1. Jamberry can trump both, email me at Lohart21@aol.com if you'd like a sample. They last and you get much more out of just one nail sheet than both of these brands.

    ReplyDelete